[DeTomaso] Door trim and window felt install tips??

redblue1492 redblue1492 at zohomail.com
Fri Dec 20 19:59:05 EST 2019

Larry,

I plan of doing the same job in the spring so I will be interested in
hearing the tips as well.

Where did you get the new felt and window channel?

Wayne in KY

On 12/20/2019 7:18 PM, Larry Finch via DeTomaso wrote:
>     All,
>
>      I have freshly powder coated trim and a freshly painted body and
>     certainly do not want to damage either in the installation process.  I
>     also have new felt  and window channel to install.
>
>     This would be much easier if I had taken things apart, but that was
>     done by the repair shop so I have no previous experience to fall back
>     on.
>
>     2511 still has the rivet holes for drip rail and B-piller pieces,  so
>     their installation is self-explanatory.
>
>     Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has been down this
>     road before.  Please share any pertinent tips regarding sequence of
>     installation, resolving difficulties in re-snapping trim onto body, or
>     anything worthy of sharing.
>
>     Thanks.
>
>     Larry
>
>     Sent from me using a magic, handheld electronic gizmo.

   Larry,

   I plan of doing the same job in the spring so I will be interested in
   hearing the tips as well.

   Where did you get the new felt and window channel?

   Wayne in KY

    I have freshly powder coated trim and a freshly painted body and
   certainly do not want to damage either in the installation process.  I
   also have new felt  and window channel to install.

   This would be much easier if I had taken things apart, but that was
   done by the repair shop so I have no previous experience to fall back
   on.

   2511 still has the rivet holes for drip rail and B-piller pieces,  so
   their installation is self-explanatory.

   Would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has been down this
   road before.  Please share any pertinent tips regarding sequence of
   installation, resolving difficulties in re-snapping trim onto body, or
   anything worthy of sharing.

   Thanks.

   Larry

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.