[DeTomaso] Air cleaner suggestions

John Taphorn johnftaphorn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 22:20:32 EDT 2019

We tested the dog bone on Gray Gregory’s 377 stroker built by Quella’s shop
and my 408 stroker on a Houston chassis dyno. We ran the test because list
members were vocal regarding it being restrictive. The difference in output
was negligible slightly higher on Grays and slightly lower on mine but
probably tracking error. We concluded no difference. Gray runs single
elements on both sides and I run a double element with spacer. The height
of which one have adjusted over time.
If you prefer the aesthetics, go forward with no guilt.

On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 4:04 PM Charles Engles <cengles at cox.net> wrote:

>    Dear Jack,
>

>                      So....Dave McLain recommends a one inch air filter
>    spacer *above* the carb and not a one inch carb spacer?
>

>                       I think I remember seeing that on the 351C forum by
>    Brent Lykins about a year ago.
>

>                                      Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles

   We tested the dog bone on Gray Gregoryas 377 stroker built by Quellaas
   shop and my 408 stroker on a Houston chassis dyno. We ran the test
   because list members were vocal regarding it being restrictive. The
   difference in output was negligible slightly higher on Grays and
   slightly lower on mine but probably tracking error. We concluded no
   difference. Gray runs single elements on both sides and I run a double
   element with spacer. The height of which one have adjusted over time.A

   If you prefer the aesthetics, go forward with no guilt.

   On Thu, Aug 1, 2019 at 4:04 PM Charles Engles <[1]cengles at cox.net>