[DeTomaso] USA Pantera GTS

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu May 10 11:17:01 EDT 2018

I heard from a new registry user about a week ago.

He is looking for a Pantera GTS.  I think he is more of a collector than a driver.

He was asking for registry access. (without sharing first).

Sharing is important, and without it, one does not gain 'shared' access.

I've written all about this, and it appears in numerous places, including the FAQs pages.

A person shares, THEN they gain shared-viewing access.  Plain & simple.

So once he understood, he asked about where to look for content, as he had yet to

accumulate photos of cars he has already reviewed.  He knows better now.

I pointed him in the direction of my "Where cars can be found", with the suggestion he tour

website like ebay, etc from this list.

He was already searching ebay. and found not one, but at least TWO cars in the completed-auction section.

Both were "new" to the registry, so he has shared, and is now consumed by reviewing all the content the registry has to offer.

(Well over 200,000 images!  Yea this might take him a little while - grin.)

Anyway, both cars did >not< have the VIN in the advert, making identification more difficult.

He has entered one, now identified as Unknown1345, a silver + Black USA GTS.  Did anyone

happen to see this car auction scroll by on eBay ?  Thoughts etc ?  Did it sell, or is it available ?

I think this is a Jack Sharkey auction.

The next car is even more unusual.  Entered as Unknown1346, it is a GTS Red + Black, with only 790 miles ?

It seems to have sold for only $55K ?!?!?   This seems way WAY too low a price given current values.

As I leave it to the team of Registry assistants to vacuum up eBay content, I did not even see either

of these two interesting auctions myself.

Did anyone else notice either of these two ?

Chuck

(Photos attached, see the registry for more)

The De Tomaso Registry Guy

http://www.detomasoregistry.org/Members/ProvaMoMemMain.asp