[DeTomaso] Brake Bleeder Kits

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Mar 2 17:14:15 EST 2018

+1 Recommended

I've been using a Motive bleeder now for a long time and very much enjoy
it.  I also use it in conjunction with speed bleeders.  Bleeding brakes
is a breeze.  This also makes it much easier when changing fluid, for
example from ATE Super Blue to ATE 200 (amber) since you'll typically
move a lot of fluid through the system.

Cautions:
- As mentioned, due to failures of the hose, you -must- inspect the
clear plastic hose each time before use.  Check for cracks, kinks and
"squishyness."  If too squishy, at a connection, trim it back and
re-attach.  Be sure to inspect -both- ends.  After some 10 years or so,
mine also ruptured near a fitting. In my case it ruptured at the fitting
on the bottle.  I simply trimmed it back to a good portion of hose and
re-clamped it, problem solved.  I think I store mine in a different
position now to avoid any kinking that normally used to happen.

- I have successfully used two or three master cylinder tops.  I ordered
the extras I needed for various masters so I had the "right" tool for
the job.

- I always place a plastic bag and rags underneath the master when
working with it.  I've typically never had a problem, but you know Murphy.

Have fun,
Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton - W7TSC, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
Spokane County ARES-RACES Net Manager
http://w7tsc.org
http://www.teampanteraracing.com