[DeTomaso] Passenger Window Stuck Down

David & Michele sullivanabode at bigpond.com
Sat Jun 16 04:15:41 EDT 2018

Dear Forum,

This morning on the way to Cars and Coffee my passenger window stopped in the down position.

Checked/swapped the switches, so it's not that.

Pulled the plug to manually wind, no plastic gear in sight.

Pulled the door card off when I returned home, appears to have the Aerostar conversion completed by a previous owner. Window glass appears free in the guides, the ammeter flinches and the motor makes a small click when the switch is operated in either direction though no movement is observed.

Any ideas?

I would like to make the cruise event planned for tomorrow but can't secure the car with the window down.

Dave