[DeTomaso] Replacing fuel pump

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:29:22 EDT 2018

Although unlikely I have known of the eccentric failing over time as opposed to the fuel pump.

If the fuel lines are of any decent age I would recommend you take the opportunity to replace those as well and for a modern ethanol resistant hose.  I hope that when you say your inline fuel filter is 'clear' it doesn't refer to it being the glass type that you can see into, those are an accident waiting to happen.

Julian

________________________________
Any tips I need to know about replacing a fuel pump? It's the original pump
on the original mid 71 cleveland block. My basic plan is pull the pump,
cruise
to NAPA and get a replacement and reinstall. I imagine I'll remove the tire
to get best access. Inline filter is clear and dry.

Current plan is to leave the engine in the car and leave the header
attached.

   :^)

   --michael cox