[DeTomaso] What's with the crazy restomod prices in Scottsdale?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 15:22:30 EST 2018

 I was watching the bids for restomods, a lot of older Corvettes, some near or over $300K? I have never seen prices like that before for similar cars with what I'd consider to have no collector value.  It looks like a quality build that look good (subjective) is a hot item.  Is this a change in demographics, maybe in the people who have gotten very wealthy in the past few years, and the cars they grew up wanting?
Someone touched on this last week.
Ken