[DeTomaso] What's with the crazy restomod prices in Scottsdale?

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Mon Jan 22 17:54:22 EST 2018

Yeah there was some weird stuff going on there, I saw some top quality very early Cadillac’s, Cords, Etc. go for cheap. And then on Sunday I saw a run of nothing special, fox body Mustangs selling for 30,40,50K.  They all had ultra low miles, but hey, I’m not paying $50k for a ’92 convertible (non-GT)mustang no matter what the mileage. Then right after that run of Mustangs, A ’57 T-bird E code sold for $30k.  I’d take that T-bird over a 95 Mustang GT with 600 miles any day!

Ian

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 I was watching the bids for restomods, a lot of older Corvettes, some near or over $300K? I have never seen prices like that before for similar cars with what I'd consider to have no collector value.  It looks like a quality build that look good (subjective) is a hot item.  Is this a change in demographics, maybe in the people who have gotten very wealthy in the past few years, and the cars they grew up wanting?
Someone touched on this last week.
Ken

   Yeah there was some weird stuff going on there, I saw some top quality
   very early Cadillac's, Cords, Etc. go for cheap. And then on Sunday I
   saw a run of nothing special, fox body Mustangs selling for 30,40,50K.
   They all had ultra low miles, but hey, I'm not paying $50k for a '92
   convertible (non-GT)mustang no matter what the mileage. Then right
   after that run of Mustangs, A '57 T-bird E code sold for $30k.  I'd
   take that T-bird over a 95 Mustang GT with 600 miles any day!

   Ian

   Sent from [1]Mail for Windows 10