[DeTomaso] NPC but it gave me an idea

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Wed Apr 25 11:26:43 EDT 2018

5177 had a single turbo over the ZF with exhaust to the standard mufflers.   When I was taken 5177 apart, I cut the mufflers off and drove it for a few days.  I don't recall any significant increase in noise, But a hell of a change in the boast curve (almost a runaway)

SO I think the ideal has merit. Plumbing for oil return would be one obstacle.