[DeTomaso] NPC but it gave me an idea

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Apr 25 10:58:52 EDT 2018

Sean,

It would work great for a drag racing application, where turbo lag isn’t an issue because you raise the revs and build boost before the light turns green. But it wouldn’t be practical on a street car.

I knew a guy who had a Lexus SC400 with a turbo mounted at the very rear of the car instead of a muffler.  There was no plumbing past the turbo so when following the car down the road, you could see the turbo impeller spinning which was neat.

Because of the long pipe leading back to the intake, you needed a calendar to measure the turbo lag though!!!

Mike

Sent from my iPad