[DeTomaso] weird tiny coolant tube

Joseph F. Byrd, Jr. byrdjf at embarqmail.com
Sat May 13 08:46:20 EDT 2017

There were two TSB attempting to vent the air in the coolant.  T
he first was adding a top of the radiator outlet vent back to the outlet
metal tube.
The next was to route the top of the radiator outlet back to the pressure
tank.
IMO, the second TSB was an error.  the tank is at a higher pressure than the
radiator outlet, thus no venting.
I would prefer the first TSB vent.
Even better venting would be to convert pressure tank to a true swirl and
the recovery tank to a surge.  Then route the upper radiator outlet to the
surge.

Joe