[DeTomaso] NPC Free Tire for Fiat.. Kind of strange story.

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 13:21:48 EDT 2017

I have a little Fiat 500.  I unfortunately drove over a screw about a year ago in passenger rear tire and had it repaired at Discount Tires.  They said they could plug it for a small fee of $10. but to do a better job, they'd patch it for 25.  I opted for their patch.
Move up to a about a week ago.  As luck would have it, I went over another large bolt type screw in the same tire (i seem talented at this feat) right in the center but not the same spot, so apparently no problem to repair.  My lifetime Fiat Warranty came in handy as a service guy came to pump up the tire temporarily and I ventured around the corner to America's Tire.  They said the first patch wasn't done correctly as it should have had a plug/patch combo. so they were unable, with all the legal liability mumbo jumbo explanations, that they could not repair the tire.  So.... what did they do? They didn't try to sell me a tire, they put a brand new Yokohama on as they said they couldn't send me off unsafely. No charge. What????  Does this sound as unbelievable to you as it did to me?  Maybe it's because I just recently bought 4 new Pirellis from them for my LSC?   Still wondering about this.
Laurie