[DeTomaso] Cabin heat question

Mike Drew MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 23:43:22 EST 2017

All,

Doing more research, I dug out both my heater valves. One is a genuine Pantera valve while the other was sold to me on that basis, but I have now found it's slightly different. See them here:

The only difference is that the non-Pantera valve has provisions for an extra hose on the end.

The end of the valve has a solid disc on the Pantera valve, and a disc with a hose barb on the other one, held on with a snap ring. Thus it would be simple to pop the hose barb off and replace it with a suitably sized disc to mimic the Pantera arrangement.

Researching the part number I see that the barbed valve is from a German Ford, the P7 (replacement for the P5 Taunus) powered by a V4. I also found a source for these valves new:

https://www.motomobil.com/heating-valve-v4-15-17l-new-part,3237,8007440-7.html

Now, I think it's smarter to buy a reconditioned Pantera valve if you can, but if not at least this becomes an option.

Cheers!

Mike

Sent from my iPad

-------------- next part --------------
   All,

   Doing more research, I dug out both my heater valves. One is a genuine
   Pantera valve while the other was sold to me on that basis, but I have
   now found it's slightly different. See them here:

   image1.JPG

   image2.JPG

   [1]https://www.motomobil.com/heating-valve-v4-15-17l-new-part,3237,8007

     On Feb 22, 2017, at 10:11, Larry Stock <[3]larrys at panteraparts.com>