[DeTomaso] Stoptech rotor scrape

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Tue Aug 1 19:14:31 EDT 2017

The caliper will expand radially when it heats up.
You'll hate what it sounds like.

dave

   On 8/01/17 3:31 PM, [1]audionut at hushmail.com wrote:

   Hey guys--

   Just finished putting the left rotor on and the top forward edge of the
   caliper is scraping just a tiny bit on the rotor causing about a 1/8"
   thick scratch mark.

   As instructed by Mike D., I removed the stock shim between the caliper
   and it's mount.  The rotor can be turned by hand but turning it is
   slightly more difficult than usual.

   Not sure if this is something that will simply grind away after a time
   or if I should get into filing down the caliper.

   John

   73L #5909

   Sent using Hushmail

nks above.

Members who post to this list grant license to the list to forward any message p
osted here to all past, current, or future members of the list. They also grant
the list owner permission to maintain an archive or approve the archiving of lis
t messages.