[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 147, Issue 7

Larry Stock larrys at panteraparts.com
Thu Sep 8 10:21:14 EDT 2016

It is the the lower front end of the Pantera that is the weakest point
Mike. The Upper front is well braced, it is the lower A-Arm attachment
that is left floundering. The Front affects the rear twist. Remember the
rear sway bar affects the front end handling part of 101 suspension
tuning? I actually cracked (broke off) my front frame member at the
attaching points to the Cabin. The only thing that was holding my Pantera
together was my frame brace system. The 4 piece system you refer to does
nothing to reinforce this weakest point of the Pantera Frame. Our lower
front stiffener is a 5 foot long X to cross brace the ³Splice² the factory
used to attach the front frame section to the cabin sheetmetal. Our front
brace connects the two front frame rails to the cabin lateral (cross
stiffener under the front of the seats) that ties to the 3 piece rocker
Box panels.
Larry

On 9/7/16, 6:55 PM, "DeTomaso on behalf of Mike Drew via DeTomaso"
<detomaso-bounces at server.detomasolist.com on behalf of