[DeTomaso] DeTomaso corollary/Benelli Bike

audionut at hushmail.com audionut at hushmail.com
Tue Oct 4 15:37:13 EDT 2016

After falling into the world of vintage motorcycles over the last
several years, accumulating upwards of 20 of them, I may be able to
help.
"Is the bike any good?"
The term "good" being subjective/relative to each person--   I'll
assume by "good" you mean "is it both fun and reliable?"
Probably, yes.  It's safe to assume that any bike from the 70's, no
matter how fun, could not command prices like these if it had a
reputation for often breaking down and stranding people.   Aermacchi,
Benelli (Montgomery Ward sold cheap little Benelli's through their
catalog) Moto Guzzi, MV Agusta--  I've seen vintage bikes of all these
Italian brands running strong and ridden hard without hearing any
horror stories or seeing them roll up splattering oil everywhere.
Always the smart question is, when buying an older machine:  "Can I
fix it myself?  Are parts readily available?" Or, if both answers are
no, "Am I filthy rich?"
 Sent using Hushmail
On October 4, 2016 at 11:11 AM, "Charles McCall"  wrote:Has anyone
ridden a Benelli Sei, the 6-cylinder motorcycle introduced by
Alejandro DeTomaso after taking over the company?
Besides being, ahem, inspired by Honda’s 6-cylinder bike, was it
supposed to be any good?
There are a handful for sale in Europe for between €12,000 and
€20,000, which is interesting. I was kind of hoping that they would
just be considered “old” and not “collectible”, but they
aren’t giving them away. One example may be found here:
http://ww3.autoscout24.es/classified/286071978?asrc=st|as