[DeTomaso] Condenser relay

Larry - Ohio Time Larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Wed Jun 29 15:51:32 EDT 2016

Nick,

Back in the day I would service school clock systems. They were impulse
systems, once a minute the relay could close for 3 seconds (that is 1440
times a day). They were 24 VDC with high amp draw. When a contact opens you
will get a small arch across the contacts, doing harm to them.

Now the rest of the story...

Let's think about your old original distributor. In there you had points
(contacts) and a CONDENCER. The job of the condenser was to absorb some of
the arch that would want to jump across the points (contacts) keeping them
from burning up.

In the schools I would install a condenser and resistor(bleeds off the power
in the capacitor)to save the contacts.

What you need to do is buy a bigger better really. But now you know why...

Larry (well you asked) - Cleveland