[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump Advice

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Fri Dec 30 08:09:32 EST 2016

Update based on feedback I received.  Thanks to everybody.

   - Using a Bypass-style regulator is recommended, especially at my HP
   range.
   - Add a 100 Micron fuel filter before the pump, regular one after
   - 7 PSI is what I should target as inlet pressure to the carb
   - An oil pressure cutoff switch is important
   - An inertial cutout switch is a nice addition
   - A momentary (manual) or timed primer circuit is recommended

What are my options for the bypass circuit?

   - Add a return port to the gas tank (Not a desired choice for me)?
   - Add a T before the fuel pump and recirculate warm fuel
   - Use a pump with an internal bypass (Is this a good option)?

Can I use the tank vent line somehow and vent the tank some other way?