[DeTomaso] coolant question

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon Apr 18 01:35:48 EDT 2016

What is the best coolant to keep an engine from overheating?
My son's 1990 Mini is back in action but unfortunately, today, after a 90-mile drive on I-5, the radiator puked most of its contents out onto the floor of the garage.  I'm not sure if it came out the overflow tube, but that's what I'm assuming for now.
It had mostly water in it (not much antifreeze), but I know there has been talk on the forum about some really good coolants.  I'd like to try some to see if that solves the overheating problem.
1)  What coolant product keeps the engine coolest?
2)  Is it something you have to mix with water or does it go in straight out of the bottle into the radiator?
3)  Where can I buy it?
Thanks for your help!
Sincerely,
Chris