[DeTomaso] coolant question

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:43:04 EDT 2016

Chris - a 1990 Mini shouldn't puke coolant. Something else is wrong.

Water is actually a pretty good coolant, and removes heat better than
antifreeze if I remember correctly. The other additives have other purposes
- prevent freezing, lubricate, protect against corrosión, etc, but none of
those things help remove heat.

Are the fans working? Is the thermostat frozen shut? You need to find what
the root cause is, or adding coolant will just result in more puking.