[DeTomaso] A/C replacement

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Wed Apr 13 12:40:53 EDT 2016

I did a write up with pictures based on my experience and using some of
John Buckman's pictures and advice.  It involved taking the dash and heater
box out and stuffing in an upgraded evaporator and interior fan.  It did
not include the condenser and condenser fan install though.  Mine used a
rotary compressor.  Let me know if you cannot find it posted and I'll look
for it.

I bought the parts from one of our vendors (who i will not name publicly).
The parts "kinda" fit but were not an easy bolt on install.  I documented
the mods to the heater box and had to fabricate my own condenser mounts.
My dryer was installed in the passenger rear wheel well just before the
pass through to the trunk in the body seam rather than the holes in the
inner fender.  Looks great and works great.

Call me if you want to talk about it.
Rob
904 476-8744

Rob DuMoulin
904.476.8744
rob at dumoulins.net
www.kbsi.co
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Asa Jay Laughton <asajay at asajay.com>
wrote:

>    I have a bone stock A/C that has never worked since I've owned the car
>    (over 16 years now).  All the pieces are there and have never been
>    removed.
>    If I wanted to get it working, who might have the best "kit" that could
>    be bolted right in?
>    I figure on
>      - new compressor
>      - new receiver-dryer
>      - new hoses
>    But should I also replace the condenser, evaporator and expansion
>    valve?
>    How hard is it to replace the evaporator under the dash?
>    Is there a condenser that fits/replaces the stock unit in the stock
>    location?
>    Yes, I already know many people have moved the condenser to the front.
>    That's not part of my question though, please focus on the ask of
>    putting like-for-like components in place to retain the stock nature.
>    Recommendations on who to contact?
>    Thank you,
>    Asa
>    Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks

> the links above.

-------------- next part --------------
   I did a write up with pictures based on my experience and using some of
   John Buckman's pictures and advice.A  It involved taking the dash and
   heater box out and stuffing in an upgraded evaporator and interior
   fan.A  It did not include the condenser and condenser fan install
   though.A  Mine used a rotary compressor.A  Let me know if you cannot
   find it posted and I'll look for it.
   I bought the parts from one of our vendors (who i will not name
   publicly). The parts "kinda" fit but were not an easy bolt on
   install.A  I documented the mods to the heater box and had to fabricate
   my own condenser mounts.A  My dryer was installed in the passenger rear
   wheel well just before the pass through to the trunk in the body seam
   rather than the holes in the inner fender.A  Looks great and works

   [1]rob at dumoulins.net
   [2]www.kbsi.co
   [3]http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rob-dumoulin/0/1b6/58
   On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 12:28 PM, Asa Jay Laughton