[DeTomaso] A/C replacement

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Wed Apr 13 12:28:23 EDT 2016

I have a bone stock A/C that has never worked since I've owned the car (over 16 years now).  All the pieces are there and have never been removed.

If I wanted to get it working, who might have the best "kit" that could be bolted right in?

I figure on
  - new compressor
  - new receiver-dryer
  - new hoses

But should I also replace the condenser, evaporator and expansion valve?
How hard is it to replace the evaporator under the dash?
Is there a condenser that fits/replaces the stock unit in the stock location?

Yes, I already know many people have moved the condenser to the front.  That's not part of my question though, please focus on the ask of putting like-for-like components in place to retain the stock nature.

Recommendations on who to contact?
Thank you,
Asa

Sent using Jedi Mind Tricks