[DeTomaso] Factory seat types

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Sep 30 20:32:18 EDT 2015

In a message dated 9/30/15 9:43:39 AM, marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net writes:

> I have had an "L" car and have a push button now. These appear to be
> early seats with the center section reupholstered.
>
> They are not adjustable. The bolts on the back bottom only keep the seats
> from hinging forward. I removed my bolts years ago to be able to fold the
> seats forward to allow access for storage behind them. The seat backs rest
> against the bulkhead which allows me the most amount of leg room.
>

>>>Years ago Jack DeRyke had a great idea.   The bolts that attach the
backs of the seat to the bases, pass through round holes in metal tabs on the
seatback and then thread into bases.   If my memory is correct, what he did
was to slot the holes in the tabs vertically; he then replaced the standard
bolts (allen bolts if I'm not mistaken) with knobs, perhaps similar if not
identical to the ones that secure the headrests.   This then enables one to
loosen the knobs, slightly reposition the seatback and tighten them again,
offering a small but useful range of adjustment.

Sounds like a clever solution that merits exploration if one has
early-style two-piece seats.   Later seat guys are out of luck though.

   In a message dated 9/30/15 9:43:39 AM, marshallgsmith at sbcglobal.net