[DeTomaso] IR FI system

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:51:08 EDT 2015

> My understanding is that they somehow use Procomp name or sales network
to sale their parts in US.

Speedmaster = Procomp.

http://www.semashow.com/press/2014/09/14/speedmaster-new-brand-manufactured-by-procomp-electronics-new-look-new-business-mot

The Procomp website redirects to Speedmaster now.  Is he claiming the parts
are manufactured in Australia or just that the person or company that
commissioned them is based in Australia and the parts are made in China?
Being made in China isn't necessarily a bad thing but being made in China
to Procomp standards of design and quality control is.

> According to the tech guy in Australia the 351C manifold is made to fit
2V heads and would have enough material to port it to fit 4v or my Yates C3
heads.

You would have to weld up a 2V intake to make it seal against Yates heads.
The bottom of a 2V port is way lower than the bottom of a Yates port.  Take
a Yates intake gasket and lay it on top of a 2V intake gasket.  Note how
far off the port locations are and the areas which will need to be welded
up and how far the roof will need to be raised.  Make sure you leave enough
material for a gasket to seal at the top off the port.  Their engineer
should be able to provide you with port template with the outline of the
ports and the bolt hole locations.

> The only throttle body size they offer at the moment is 50mm; would this
be adequate for 416ci engine that made 675Hp at 6500rpm on engine dyno with
Holley 850 carburetor on single plane high intake.

50mm = 1.9685 inches which is a lot smaller than your Yates intake valves.
I'd expect them to limit peak power.

Dan Jones