[DeTomaso] Tires for 7" Campys

Douglas Kelm dakelm at qwest.net
Mon Nov 2 21:33:34 EST 2015

Tread width and section width (which is what the "255" signifies) are two
different things and almost never equal. Section width is the maximum width
of the inflated tire, usually found half way up the sidewall. The tread
width is always narrower than the section width though by how much varies
brand to brand. Most manufacturers recommend that the section width does not
exceed the wheel rim width by more than two (2) inches or 50mm.

Doug