[DeTomaso] Tires for 7" Campys

David Kelly gmawtig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:20:34 EST 2015

OK, I got it wrong (Jack you were right), I meant 225/50-15.  And I found
this cool pantera
web site that has pictures of what those tires look like on a stock pantera:

        http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/72_Pantera_c467.html

But what is the most remarkable is I received such a fast response!  You
all deserve a pat on
the back.   I don't even get that kind of response from my famly  :-(   The
Pantera family rocks!

Thank you all and hope see you on the road soon.

David K.

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Douglas Kelm <dakelm at qwest.net> wrote:

> Tread width and section width (which is what the "255" signifies) are two
> different things and almost never equal. Section width is the maximum width
> of the inflated tire, usually found half way up the sidewall. The tread
> width is always narrower than the section width though by how much varies
> brand to brand. Most manufacturers recommend that the section width does
> not
> exceed the wheel rim width by more than two (2) inches or 50mm.
>
> Doug

-------------- next part --------------
   OK, I got it wrong (Jack you were right), I meant 225/50-15.A  And I
   found this cool pantera
   web site that has pictures of what those tires look like on a stock
   pantera:
   A  A  A  A
   [1]http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/72_Pantera_c467.html
   But what is the most remarkable is I received such a fast response!A
   You all deserve a pat on
   the back. A  I don't even get that kind of response from my famly A :-(
   A  The Pantera family rocks!

   On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Douglas Kelm <[2]dakelm at qwest.net>