[DeTomaso] Tires for 7" Campys

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Nov 2 15:02:56 EST 2015

There apparently are no 255-50x 15s but there was at one time a 255-45 x 15 according to Roger Kraus. I was sized for 8-1/2 to 10" wide wheels. FWIW, a 245-50 x15 on an 8" Campy will rub in three or four places, all correctable with an hours worth of  hammer work that is invisible from the outside. This has been found to be the lwidest front tire that mostly-fits without flares. That is, a 245-50 x 15, 16, 17 or 18" wheel;  all have the same tread width +- 1/4".   May I ask what you're trying to do here?
Cheers- J DeRyke