[DeTomaso] ZF oil choice

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Sun May 17 02:36:17 EDT 2015

RedLine 75-90 NS (synthetic)

I get mine on Amazon, usually with free shipping

Here's Les Gray's email from a while ago:

The Red Line oil NSdesignation means that in this particular oil there is NO
additive added to reduce the clutch chatter in most limited slip differentials.
Normally this additive is a good thing and almost mandatory in cars like the
Corvette which has a fairly high degree of limited slip lock up.
     Our cars have a two issues with these extra slipperyadditives. Number
one is our diff uses a rather low limited slip lock up so this extra slip
actually decreases what little lock up we have. Number two is this additivewill
inhibit our synchro rings ability to do its job and in extreme cases will burn
up the synchro rings and the towers on the gears costing big bucks.
    I've rebuilt ZF's since the late 1970's and have replaceddozens of synchro
rings & gear sets due to the use of these additives.
  As Jack DeRyke says "your mileage may vary" !!!!

Jim Oddie