[DeTomaso] NPC: 4 post car lifts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 19:56:37 EDT 2015

In a message dated 7/23/15 16 17 27, bflesland at gmail.com writes:

> Thanks guys for the latest inputs.
> I found this compare, the Backyard Buddy lift isn't given much credit
> here:
> http://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com/Articles.asp?ID=147
>

>>>Not exactly an objective report, but interesting nonetheless.

I have a friend who had a lift fail because one of the pulley axles
sheared.   A lack of proper safety locks meant that one side of the lift collapsed
entirely, throwing the car (vintage Mustang) to the side and trapping his
friend between the car and the wall--he had to be rescued by the fire
department.   It was a miracle he wasn't killed.   The car suffered a fair amount of
damage as well.

The lift manufacturer promptly offered up their absolute top-of-the-line
lift as a free replacement and paid for the damage to the car, in exchange for
a non-disclosure agreement so he would never reveal this incident to the
world.   Sadly, I don't remember the name of the company in question, but I
did learn the importance of pulley axle design!