[DeTomaso] Front Brake Caliper Piston Sticking

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:08:54 EST 2015

+1 on old brake lines.

--
   +1 on old brake lines.

   On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:56 PM, B Hower via DeTomaso
   <[1]detomaso at poca.com> wrote:

     A  A If you still have OEM brake lines.....go there first. A line
     can lock
     A  A up pads and keep them there...... Don't ask how I know.
     A  A Bud #3400 ( Drive it like there is no tomorrow -- for there may
     not be
     A  A ! )
     A  A
     A __________________________________________________________________
     A  A From: Guido deTomaso <[2]guido_detomaso at prodigy.net>
     A  A To: De Tomaso List <[3]detomaso at poca.com>
     A  A Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 12:47 PM
     A  A Subject: [DeTomaso] Front Brake Caliper Piston Sticking

   A  A  A Very recently noticed the left front brake is late to apply and
   late
   A  A to
   A  A  A release, causing significant swerving.
   A  A  A Was thinking it might "limber up" with additional driving, now
   A  A  A wondering if more driving will only make it worse.
   A  A  A Got to Alameda and back + San Ramon and back earlier, both ~100
   mile
   A  A  A round trips, no issue.A  This started after that.
   A  A  A Am signed up for a multi-hundred mile event on the first, been
   too
   A  A cold
   A  A  A and rainy to do any tinkering.A  So maybe I get stranded with a
   locked
   A  A  A wheel.A  Or the problem just goes away.
   A  A  A Thoughts, predictions, experience ?
   A  A  A Thanks,
   A  A  A GD

     A  A _______________________________________________
     A  A Detomaso Forum Managed by POCA
     A  A Posted emails must not exceed 1.5 Megabytes
     A  A DeTomaso mailing list
     A  A [1][4]DeTomaso at poca.com
     A  A To manage your subscription (change email address, unsubscribe,
     etc.)
     A  A use the links above.
     References
     A  A 1. mailto:[6]DeTomaso at poca.com
     etc.) use the links above.

   --
   Sean Korb [10]spkorb at spkorb.org [11]http://www.spkorb.org
   '65,'68 Mustangs,'68 Cougar,'78 R100/7,'60 Metro,'59 A35,'71 Pantera
   "Computers are useless.A  They can only give you answers." -P. Picasso