[DeTomaso] Front Brake Caliper Piston Sticking

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 23:25:50 EST 2015

+2 on the brake lines

I had similar symptoms with my Dino and when I took off the old hoses and cut them in half I found there was essentially no lumen.  The rubber had deteriorated and swollen and occluded the hose.  This creates exactly what you describe-- the fluid is slow to get thru the hose so the caliper is slow to respond, then once it is in there the collapsed hose acts like a one-way valve to hold pressure in the caliper until it slowly seeps out.

Jim Oddie