[DeTomaso] Hello Houston, we have a serious problem

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 23:23:38 EDT 2015

Charlie,

I would think you'll want to talk to someone who actually has some knowledge re metallurgy.  A fellow I know who has a degree in Welding Engineering told me you can weld in such a way that the weld is stronger than the metal around it, so I wouldn't assume the wheel is toast.

OTOH, if you can't get assurance from someone who really knows it might be wise to get new wheels, fix this one if possible and sell the original pair to someone who has a show car who won't ever drive it fast.

 Jim Oddie