[DeTomaso] Nice Profiles & Added Member Benefits

laurieferrari at aol.com laurieferrari at aol.com
Fri Apr 17 20:46:50 EDT 2015

Yes agreed. The "Profiles" received was very nicely done.  Kudos! There still is the issue however of there not being four per year as promised with this change in Editor.  Even though the campaign platform of Mike Haney was that we'd get the four timely issues, as promised, it seems that has changed now to only two a year, unless I'm mistaken.  As that may be far more realistic for a one man job, there is still the issue of the dues increase we incurred years ago to cover all these publications and mailings.  As we will be getting only two per year, I'm sure a reduction in dues would be welcomed by all, especially me.
Additionally, it came to my attention through an email from my Chapter that POCA has somewhere in the area of $125,000. in its bank account. This seems to be a healthy amount that should easily support a dues reduction, additional member benefits, and even donations to a named charity!  Additionally, even though there are costs for the Fun Rally, there are thousands of dollars received in raffle tickets sold and all the thousands of dollars of gifts, car parts, etc. for the Raffle are donated from Vendors and Members.  The only small exception is a small expenditure for women's gifts.  As I belong to several other car clubs... I know that they all, with exception of POCA, have a named charity where a portion of receivables is donated.  That even makes recruiting of Raffle gifts an easier task.   Eg. National Council of Corvette Clubs generally names the Kidney Foundation.  Why couldn't POCA name such an organization.. eg. an Autism Society or a dread disease research organiza
 tion?
Hey All....
On behalf of San Diego Panteras, I want to acknowledge the beautiful job Mike Haney has done on the first Profiles of 2015!
Mike, we appreciate your service to the club and thank you for the effort needed to produce such a beautiful publication. You should be very proud of your work!
SDP is also privileged to have Ed Mendez as a member of our chapter and when he shows up in his stunning Pantera as featured in this quarter's Profiles, the stares are endless!
Thanks to both of you for your efforts to show and grow our marque!
Marshall Smith
President, San Diego Panteras
To our POCA Board Members,Ed Mendez informed me today that POCA has inexcess of $125,000.00 in their bank accounts. I have a couple questions inregards to these funds.1st) How is the total amount of reserves to be helddecided by our board?2nd) Is $125,000.00 that target amount and if not, whatis that target balance?3rd) Is this a normal and reasonable amount of moniesthat would and/or should be held in reserves by a car club?4th) If this amounthas grown to be excessive, is there a plan by POCA to refund some of these fundsto the membership perhaps in the form of reduced dues or reduced entry fees to afuture Fun Rally?Thanks in advance for your answers and thanks very much toour board members for their service to our club!Marshall SmithPresident,San Diego Panteras