[DeTomaso] "Nascar " engine balance question for a race Pantera

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 11:59:10 EDT 2015

Hi Pat,
If it's internally balanced, I think it should be a neutral balance (not the 20 oz balance) flywheel.  Cleveland and Windsor should be the same, but with a ZF, you need a 164 tooth flywheel.  A lot of flywheels have removable weights, so you just take off whatever weight is on it.  If you want it really good, have the flywheel and pressure plate balanced together to zero.
If the engine builder there does not already know this, he probably is not the right builder for your engine.
Ken