[DeTomaso] "Nascar " engine balance question for a race Pantera

Patrick HALS patrickhals at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:34:45 EDT 2015

I have closed my relationship with my "fancy and moody " US engine builder
. Those who know him had warned me about him a long time ago and I must now
admit that they were partially right ... After the good part, I now take
the worse part, and the "fancy" bill, of course :>((
This " gentleman" sent me back my unfinished race engine at my request. It
 "only " needs flywheel, dry sump system and clutch.
Here is what he writes to me : "As far as balancing the motor, it is an
internally balanced motor.  If you have further questions regarding how to
set up this motor or finish, please refer to the mechanics your are using
locally as I have stated previously, our professional relationship is over."
US engine builders are so used in building Ford V8 engines that I always
had my race engines built in the US vs.EU, despite what I was advised over
here. I shall have this engine finished over here, but would like to be
sure of what a local ( competent ) builder will tell me to finish this
(expensive) engine will be the right solution. What do I need in terms of
flywheel? It is a Windsor based engine, NOT a Cleveland ( see pics ) . When
I bought it ( broken ) three years ago, it was supposedly delivering 640
HP.... But it has now been fully redone, while keeping the " good" pieces
Many thanks for your advises.
Pat
Patrick Hals
+32.476.567.898