[DeTomaso] If you can't say something nice...Not Your Average Pantera, Meet BKPNTR

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Mon Nov 17 11:57:32 EST 2014

Well said, I think both the Ring Bros and the Black Pantera are much
improved and fabulous GT40s.

Michael
On Nov 17, 2014 11:51 AM, "Boyd Casey" <boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:

>    That's a good story and a great come back to the Ferrari snob!
>    I think we Pantera owners have become sensitizedA  to the year's of
>    criticism and misunderstanding by other car marque's and the automotive
>    press so some of us may come across a little strongly. There is nothing
>    wrong with voicing your opinion as to whether you "like "' or "don't
>    like" a particular build. But I agree there is no need to be rude .
>    Building a car is an artistic expression, restoring a car is an
>    exercises in how close you can come to replicating or surpassing the
>    quality of the original build. They are two different things. Art has
>    always will and will always be subjective. A restoration can be judged
>    on a very definitive point scale. Lets not confuse the two. Let the
>    restorer's restore and the builders build and if the owners choose to
>    exhibit their work then they have opened themselves up to the criticism
>    of the publicA  who often know nothing of the subject they are
>    commenting on and many don't have the skills or creativity to tie a
>    shoe ( That's why so many loafers are sold LOL) But lets try to
>    remember that we as pantera owners and as a club have always been know
>    for being gentlemen ( and Ladies) and lets try to behave as such. And
>    by the way there are many creative ways to comment on an artistic
>    endeavor that you don't particularly care for with out being rude, you
>    could say "That's an incredible Pantera! ( Incredible that some one
>    would spend the time and money to build such a creation) or "That's got
>    to be one of the most unique Panteras I have ever seen"A  No ones
>    needss to have their feelings hurt and you don't have to make false
>    compliments. It's simply a matter of semantics.
>    JMHO
>    Boyd (Back among the living)
>
>    On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Tom Baranek
>    <[1]tbaranek at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>      A  A I agree Rob,
>      A  A If you can't find anything nice/neutral to say...silence can go
>      a long
>      A  A way!
>      A  A I had a regular C6 Corvette pull up near my Pantera and the guy
>      said
>      A  A something nice about my car, so I said "That color looks great
>      on your
>      A  A Vette."
>      A  A Tom
>      A  A Message: 11
>      A  A Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2014 09:01:10 -0800
>      A  A From: Rob DOrazio <[1][2]robpantera at sbcglobal.net>
>      A  A To: "[2][3]detomaso at poca.com" <[3][4]detomaso at poca.com>
>      A  A Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Not Your Average Pantera, Meet BKPNTR
>      A  A Message-ID:
>      A <[4][5]1416157270.52169.YahooMailNeo at web180906.mail.ne1.yahoo.com>
>      A  A Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>      A  A Guys, I have to weigh in on this.A  Two weeks ago I was at the
>      "Best of
>      A  A France and Italy" car show in Van Nuys and a guy pulled in with
> [...]

   On Nov 17, 2014 11:51 AM, "Boyd Casey" <[1]boyd411 at gmail.com> wrote:

     A  A That's a good story and a great come back to the Ferrari snob!
     A  A I think we Pantera owners have become sensitizedAA  to the
     year's of
     A  A criticism and misunderstanding by other car marque's and the
     automotive
     A  A press so some of us may come across a little strongly. There is
     nothing
     A  A wrong with voicing your opinion as to whether you "like "' or
     "don't
     A  A like" a particular build. But I agree there is no need to be
     rude .
     A  A Building a car is an artistic expression, restoring a car is an
     A  A exercises in how close you can come to replicating or
     surpassing the
     A  A quality of the original build. They are two different things.
     Art has
     A  A always will and will always be subjective. A restoration can be
     judged
     A  A on a very definitive point scale. Lets not confuse the two. Let
     the
     A  A restorer's restore and the builders build and if the owners
     choose to
     A  A exhibit their work then they have opened themselves up to the
     criticism
     A  A of the publicAA  who often know nothing of the subject they are
     A  A commenting on and many don't have the skills or creativity to
     tie a
     A  A shoe ( That's why so many loafers are sold LOL) But lets try to
     A  A remember that we as pantera owners and as a club have always
     been know
     A  A for being gentlemen ( and Ladies) and lets try to behave as
     such. And
     A  A by the way there are many creative ways to comment on an
     artistic
     A  A endeavor that you don't particularly care for with out being
     rude, you
     A  A could say "That's an incredible Pantera! ( Incredible that some
     one
     A  A would spend the time and money to build such a creation) or
     "That's got
     A  A to be one of the most unique Panteras I have ever seen"AA  No
     ones
     A  A needss to have their feelings hurt and you don't have to make
     false
     A  A compliments. It's simply a matter of semantics.
     A  A JMHO
     A  A Boyd (Back among the living)
     A  A On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:03 AM, Tom Baranek