[DeTomaso] Starter Replacement Options

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu May 1 22:10:05 EDT 2014

I have DB starter, and it works great.  The first one was returned as
the cable stud broke when I wen to tighten it.  No questions asked, they
sent me a new one.

I wired it like some would think is appropriate... I did -NOT- wire it
like their diagram.  The trouble with that is that the starter solenoid
will hang in the ON position and engine speed will kill the starter.
This was pointed out to me kindly by others on this list.

I went back to the DB instructions with the extra wire "kit" they
provide and wired it just like they said.  No problems and the starter
no longer hangs.  Do it exactly as their instructions say and you'll be
fine.  Pretty much exactly how Mike is saying it should be done.

Asa  Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired
& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA