[DeTomaso] NPC interesting article

Jeff Detrich jjdetrich at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 11:53:17 EDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM, Sean Korb <spkorb at gmail.com> wrote:

> You don't get a relationship with a mechanic if you never see one save to
> give your car last rites.
>    For heaven's sake, you're not even *allowed* to look under your hood
>    anymore.  Open the hood?  Well, there's another hood underneath your
>    hood with a few labels that while they don't say "no user serviceable
>    parts inside" they are also not inviting.

It's bad for the mechanics, too. My buddies at the local Acura dealership
are starving. Cars don't break and when they do, warranty work doesn't pay
enough to make a good living. Being a mechanic used to be a good career
path for those not interested in college, not so much anymore. The middle
class shrinks some more.

Jeff
6559