[DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Wed Mar 26 18:09:11 EDT 2014

At Amelia Island a few weeks ago, I noticed that most of the Cords, Horst,
Stutz and older top of the line cars were owned by the 45-60 set, the dune
buggies and muscle cars were owned by really much older men, I think the
difference is becoming those who bought what they loved and those who buy
and enjoy as an investment as much as for driving.

Michael Shortt

The old dudes were smiling more, that counts for something.

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
michael at michaelshortt.com
912-232-9390

[...]

        [1][2]centralwines.com
        [2][3]facebook.com/CentralLiquors
        [4]202-737-2800

      >    I think about this frequently and have mentioned it on here
   before
      -
      >    about the "aging & graying" of the American auto enthusiast.  I
      don't
      >    know if there is anything that can be done about the (seeming)
      lack of
      >    interest in vehicles of contemporary male youths.  First
   question
      is,
      >    is that true?  Then, if true - why?  Then, can it be turned
      around?
      >      -----------------------------------------
      >    -------------- -I think that if I were GM, instead of spending
      $$$$ on
      >    racing Corvettes, I would produce a 21st century version of the
      old TV
      >    "Route 66" series.  And, if I were Harley Davidson, I would
   churn
      out a
      >    bunch of the old motorcycle-gang B movies.  I mean, if you want
      kids to
      >    smoke, what do you do - you have cool characters in TV/movies
      smoke.
      I can see Senate hearings to ban sports cars because they represent
      what is wrong with youth.
      .
      >      ---BILL Lewis

        >    From: [5][11]terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
        >    To: [6][12]scscottc at gmail.com; [7][13]detomaso at poca.com

      >    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:44:38 +0000
      >    Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased
   value
      > I agree.  But I think the people who own their Pantera's now
   (today)
      will alway
      > s drive them!
      > I know I go through withdrawal if I go too long without firing up
   and
      driving my
      >  Pantera.
      >
      > Our cars will live on, but I think the next generations++ might
   not
      > drive
      them a
      > s much.  In 2035 it
      > would be fun to look down and see a Pantera blowing away electric
      cars
      > on
      the hi

        <[10][19]scscottc at gmail.com<mailto:[11][20]scscottc at gmail.com>>

        <[12][21]detomaso at poca.com<mailto:[13][22]detomaso at poca.com>>

        [18][27]DeTomaso at poca.com
        1. [29]http://centralwines.com/
        2. [30]http://facebook.com/CentralLiquors
        3. mailto:[31]rob at dumoulins.net

      4. mailto:[32]lotus0005 at hotmail.com
      5. mailto:[33]terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
      6. mailto:[34]scscottc at gmail.com
      7. mailto:[35]detomaso at poca.com

        8. mailto:[36]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
        9. mailto:[37]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov
       10. mailto:[38]scscottc at gmail.com
       11. mailto:[39]scscottc at gmail.com
       12. mailto:[40]detomaso at poca.com
       13. mailto:[41]detomaso at poca.com
       14. mailto:[42]DeTomaso at poca.com
       16. mailto:[44]DeTomaso at poca.com

     18. mailto:[46]DeTomaso at poca.com

   --
   Michael L. Shortt
   Savannah, Georgia
   [51]michael at michaelshortt.com
   912-232-9390

   privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
   notified
   communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that
   you