[DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value

Himes, Terry (397C) terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 25 20:20:55 EDT 2014

Plus add what was mentioned before… movies like "Fast & Furious"  make them "Cool".

Terry W. Himes
JPL Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Deep Impact Sequence Team Lead
Deep Impact Spacecraft Engineer & Activity Lead
Rosetta/MEX/VEX Sequence Team Lead
Phone: (818) 393-6261
Cell:     (818) 653-8213
Fax:     (818) 393-3147
thimes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:thimes at jpl.nasa.gov>

From: Boyd Casey <boyd411 at gmail.com<mailto:boyd411 at gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:58 PM
To: Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net<mailto:rob at dumoulins.net>>
Cc: De Tomaso List <detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>>
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value

I think the rising value is the most important reason to keep updating the
agreed value of your insurance! That way if something (god forbid) does
happen you will get enough money to repair or replace you pantera. I don't
care how much they go up as long as i can get adequate coverage I will keep
driving mine. As far as young guys go when I managed a Honda ? BMW
franchise there were plenty of young guys into cars, the differnce is that
they were into "rice burners!" It;s actually amazing they take front wheel
drive 4 cylinder cars (like civics) put big turbos on them and some are
turning under 8 sec 1/4 miles!I think the young guys today face the same
issues we did when we were young, the really cool cars are just too much
money! So they work with what they can afford. Here is a car I found on
google
17. Rosado Racing / Alex Dieguez (USA)*
*
Car: 1982 Toyota Corolla<http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=toyota+corolla>
Chassis: 3/4 Chassis (RWD)
Engine: Toyota 3S-GTE
Best ET: 7.09 @ 194.80 mph
Video: http://www.grs-motorsports.net/noticias ... 09/123.wmv
Hard to believe! a 194mph 1983 Toyota Corolla! Who would have thunk?
Boyd
P.S. I called Hagerty and their premium was twice as much (literally) as
the quote I got from Grundy.

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Rob Dumoulin <rob at dumoulins.net<mailto:rob at dumoulins.net>> wrote:

    Response inline

    On Mar 25, 2014 12:56 PM, "Bill Lewis" <[1]lotus0005 at hotmail.com<mailto:lotus0005 at hotmail.com>>
    wrote:

    >    I think about this frequently and have mentioned it on here before
    -
    >    about the "aging & graying" of the American auto enthusiast.  I
    don't
    >    know if there is anything that can be done about the (seeming)
    lack of
    >    interest in vehicles of contemporary male youths.  First question
    is,
    >    is that true?  Then, if true - why?  Then, can it be turned
    around?
    >      -----------------------------------------
    >    -------------- -I think that if I were GM, instead of spending
    $$$$ on
    >    racing Corvettes, I would produce a 21st century version of the
    old TV
    >    "Route 66" series.  And, if I were Harley Davidson, I would churn
    out a
    >    bunch of the old motorcycle-gang B movies.  I mean, if you want
    kids to
    >    smoke, what do you do - you have cool characters in TV/movies
    smoke.

    I can see Senate hearings to ban sports cars because they represent
    what is wrong with youth.

    .
    >       ---BILL Lewis
    >    From: [2]terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:terry.himes at jpl.nasa.gov>
    >    To: [3]scscottc at gmail.com<mailto:scscottc at gmail.com>; [4]detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com>
    >    Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 15:44:38 +0000
    >    Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Documentation of Panteras increased value
    > I agree.   But I think the people who own their Pantera's now (today)
    will alway

    <[7]scscottc at gmail.com<mailto:scscottc at gmail.com><mailto:[8]scscottc at gmail.com>>
    <[9]detomaso at poca.com<mailto:detomaso at poca.com><mailto:[10]detomaso at poca.com>>

   [1]thimes at jpl.nasa.gov

[...]