[DeTomaso] Stack injection units

David Nunn dnunn at telus.net
Wed Jul 2 13:15:49 EDT 2014

Dan,

I have one of Kelly's intake manifolds on a 9.5" Fontana block with C302B
heads. I'm also using IPSCO's 54mm low profile throttle bodies; however, in
an effort to mount the injectors in a better position, we filled the
injector bosses in the manifold and installed a set of IPSCO's injector
blocks, with the injectors and fuel rails now mounted in the middle of the
manifold. With low profile stacks and low profile air cleaners, it all fits
below the deck lid . barely.

I had an Accel DFI, 4bbl EFI system, tuned and set-up by Dennis Quella's
Accel guru, Dave Ehrlich at Autotrend EFI in Northern California. It ran
great but I couldn't resist the temptation to go IR. In fact, it's my old
4bbl manifold that Kelly's been using to de-bug his EFI. Dave recently
convinced me to switch to Holley's new Dominator ECU as it's loaded with the
newest technology and tons of features that are perfect for a Pantera EFI
system. It has dual O2 sensor inputs and drivers for individual coil-on-plug
setups, all built-in. In fact, Autotrend EFI was so impressed by the Holley
ECU's, they are now officially a Holley EFI dealer.

The feature of Electromotive's TEC ECU's that makes them ideal for IR
systems, is the ability to blend Speed Density and Alpha-N fueling
strategies. The new Holley Dominator has this feature as well.

Dave