[DeTomaso] Skyrocketing Prices

jderyke at aol.com jderyke at aol.com
Mon Jan 6 16:29:32 EST 2014

 Easy: Higher prices tend to attract "investors" rather than the traditional blue-collar guys and gals who fell in love with the Pantera for its potential as a fun driving machine. Plus, more expensive cars= more expensive parts, more expensive/restrictive insurance (if that's even possible!) and a bigger target for thieves.

As most know, our '72 L is firmly in the silhouette-stock category, and it is more fun to drive than when it was all stock; faster, safer and handles far better. Yes- the highway mileage has dropped by 2 mpg since we bought it lightly used in 1980, but that may be because of the Gov't dumping poisons and weed killers in my gasoline.
Cheers- J DeRyke, Pantera Modification Expert