[DeTomaso] Engine rebuild and The Great Dyno Project

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 13:58:42 EST 2014

> The Dyno Project goes on, doesn't it?

It does.  We've got Brian Hill's 410C on the dyno now.  Brian kindly
offered to let me use his engine to do back-to-back testing between
his iron closed chamber 4V heads and a set of my aluminum high ports
(ported C302Bs) but with the very cold weather this winter Dave's
running a bit behind on the dyno so we won't be able to complete that
testing.  The dyno rolls outside the shop and hooks up to a water
source so we need above freezing weather for dyno testing.  Dave needs
to get his circle track engine on the dyno for some development work.
We'll pick back up with testing the C302B heads on my 407 Fontana
engine in the spring.  After that, the 351C dyno project will go on
hiatus for a while as I have four different Buick/Rover/Olds aluminum
stroker V8s to test as well as a 347 cubic inch SBF.

I'll do a more complete write up later but here's a teaser for now.
Brian's 10:1 compression street 410C made 560 horsepower at 6050 RPM
and 526 lbs-ft at 4600 RPM through the Magnaflow mufflers with a
hydraulic roller cam, iron closed chamber 4V heads, a ported Scorpion
intake and a Holley 750HP carb.  Not too shabby for low budget factory
iron Cleveland heads.  FWIW, the Dynomation simulation was predicting
another 70 HP for my ported C302B heads and intake.

> Does the Project need monetary donations?

Yes.  I've been funding ith out of my pocket for a while which is one
reason why testing has been less frequent.

> Send them to PayPal to your email address?

Yes.

Thanks!
Dan Jones