[DeTomaso] New engine

Robert Stroj npdrs at maui.net
Thu Dec 4 23:52:26 EST 2014

Hi Mike,

thanks for the really helpful reply full of information!

OK, understand your points on the airflow in the intake area, so will for
now just settle with the regular air-cleaner without air box and ducts; any
suggestions on setup that works well; was looking into those "flow-control"
drop-down housings?

I got a tall single plane intake plus 1inch carburetor spacer and there is
no screen on the car as I bought it, so there is no problem with space
there, but am worried of interface with the deck-lid in case the filter is
dropped down a lot.

Thanks for your suggestion on Pat Michal headers; I spoke to him today and
he has a set that would also bolt directly on my Yates heads, so this will
be best way to go.

For stock look and good performance Pat suggested using actual Ansa
mufflers/pipes, but gutting them inside and replacing the front tube with
3inch one that would mate to his headers.

How could I tell if my Ansa mufflers are the ones with larger tips and no
resonator?

In order to help financing this whole project I am looking into selling
extra components that I got:

-Euro GTS Ansa headers (or possibly complete system including mufflers),
ceramic coated

-CHI 3V heads with SS valves installed, Ti retainers and roller-rockers;
head is polished

-CHI hi-rise intake, polished

-Dog-bone air cleaner, polished

-Mallory Unilite ignition system, all components including Distributor and
sparkplug wires

In addition, I might be selling:

-Cleveland 351 4V short-block, needs rebuilt

It has stock cast crank and connecting roads, I think 10:1 compression;
crank would need to be re-ground

-10Quart oil pan with windage tray

-aluminum high flow water pump

Please if someone could help me with advice on reasonable prices I could ask
for those parts; they are all located in Munich, Germany.

Thanks a lot, Robert