[DeTomaso] CLUTCH MASTERS

Boyd Casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 19:04:04 EDT 2014

I had a Fiat 124 spider that I used to be able to shift fine in every gear
( except reverse ) and I had a 260 Z that I lost the slave on and drove it
home shifting without the clutch. Starting off from a stopped position was
the tricky part, I had to shut the car off at a full stop and then put it
in 2nd gear and use the starter motor to start the car in gear. It would
lurch for a foot or two until the engine fired and then off I would go! It
was a monumental effort to avoid red lights or stop and go traffic, I
didn't know how many starts my starter motor would hold out for so I made
every effort to avoid coming to a full stop. The Pantera (at least mine)
takes allot more effort to drive and I never tried to start it in gear but
I would rather call a tow truck then try the same technique I used in the Z.
Boyd

   On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 3:11 PM, Al Gisby <[1]algisby at hotmail.com>