[DeTomaso] ZF gear oil

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 00:08:59 EDT 2014

In a message dated 4/11/14 21 02 26, coreyjprice at gmail.com writes:

> I thought GL-4 was the recommended oil, per Lloyd's website "FAQ"
> section.  Did I miss something?
>

>>>I thought so too--so much so that I actually filled my gearbox with GL4.

Then, and only then, did I RTFM!!! :>)

The Pantera owners manual very, very clearly states that GL5 is the lube of
choice.

I looked at the RBT recommendation for GL4 but I think that is specifically
referencing the new gearboxes he is building now, rather than our 'classic'
gearboxes.   The new ones have very little parts interchange with the old
ones, believe it or not, being more closely related to the BMW M1 version of
the ZF.   They are a different animal, with different lube needs.

Or so it seems to me....