[DeTomaso] IR EFI experience - Not sure if original post made it so resending

Kirby Schrader kirby.schrader at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:41:03 EDT 2013

OK, so I should have read this first!
:-)

On Oct 23, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Daniel C Jones <daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think so.  However, Kelly does have enough parts to put one
> more system together.
> Lynn is interested in purchasing that system.

I didn’t know Kelly had anymore parts left.

> Kelly Coffield's system wasn't a system.  He just made the manifold.  I don't think he provided
>> anything else to anyone.

That is correct.

> While Kelly did sell the intakes to those who wanted to piece together
> their own system, he also sold
> assembled induction set ups that included the intake manifold,
> throttle plates, stacks, air cleaners,
> fuel rails, vacuum plenum, bellcrank and linkage.  That is the set up
> that he sold to me.  The user still has to supply the computer, injectors, trigger wheel, fuel pump,
> sensors etc.

I sent my intake to TWM and they mounted all the throttle bodies and linkage.
Trigger wheel, sensors, harness and ECU came from Electromotive.

>> I think Mike Trusty was the source for the cool EFI linkage.  Instead of using bell cranks, it
>> has a pulley in the center of the intake.

it comes from TWM (now Borla).

> Kelly's set up has the injectors mounted in bungs in the intake
> runners with the fuel rails on
> the outside and uses low profile throttle plates so it can fit under
> the stock decklid and engine
> screen.  Mike used Kelly's intake manifold but with taller TWM
> throttle bodies with injectors
> mounted in the throttle bodies. He runs the fuel rails on the inside
> of the throttle bodies.
> The TWM throttle bodies are taller than throttle plates so require
> notching of the decklid and
> engine screen.  Lynn is interested in the low profile set up that fits
> under the stock decklid
> and engine screen.  Both Kelly and Mike use bellcranks to give the
> desired non-linear throttle
> motion.

Me, too…. On the GT40.

The Pantera has an older style TWM setup that has the tall throttle bodies and the fuel rails on the outside.
Hey! Pictures are allowed now…. Lemme try.

Pantera EFI

GT40 EFI