[DeTomaso] IR EFI experience - Not sure if original post made it so resending

Daniel C Jones daniel.c.jones2 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:15:01 EDT 2013

> Interesting, is Kelly planning on casting more manifolds and producing more units of his system?

I don't think so.  However, Kelly does have enough parts to put one
more system together.
Lynn is interested in purchasing that system.

> Kelly Coffield's system wasn't a system.  He just made the manifold.  I don't think he provided
> anything else to anyone.

While Kelly did sell the intakes to those who wanted to piece together
their own system, he also sold
assembled induction set ups that included the intake manifold,
throttle plates, stacks, air cleaners,
fuel rails, vacuum plenum, bellcrank and linkage.  That is the set up
that he sold to me.  The user
still has to supply the computer, injectors, trigger wheel, fuel pump,
sensors etc.

> I think Mike Trusty was the source for the cool EFI linkage.  Instead of using bell cranks, it
> has a pulley in the center of the intake.

Kelly's set up has the injectors mounted in bungs in the intake
runners with the fuel rails on
the outside and uses low profile throttle plates so it can fit under
the stock decklid and engine
screen.  Mike used Kelly's intake manifold but with taller TWM
throttle bodies with injectors
mounted in the throttle bodies. He runs the fuel rails on the inside
of the throttle bodies.
The TWM throttle bodies are taller than throttle plates so require
notching of the decklid and
engine screen.  Lynn is interested in the low profile set up that fits
under the stock decklid
and engine screen.  Both Kelly and Mike use bellcranks to give the
desired non-linear throttle
motion.

Dan Jones