[DeTomaso] E-brake cables

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Tue Oct 15 11:39:24 EDT 2013

Do the emergency brake cables rub on the bottom of the pan if the engine
mounts are new?

I have decided to pull the engine on 5332 and remove the current cam so I
can get back to a smoother idle and deceleration.  And to fix whatever is
making the engine smoke on one side - likely the result of putting in a
high-lift cam with no attention to the heads.  Will know for sure in a week
or so when the engine is in lots of little pieces.

I assume that since the trans is out I should replace the front and
half-shaft seals  - are these standard oil seals or something special that
has to be gotten from a special vendor.  If so, any recommendations?

Stephen Nelson