[DeTomaso] Home at last

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed May 1 15:23:41 EDT 2013

In regard to taking 'old' sports cars on multi-thousand mile drives, during
this period one of our friends from Reno bought a '71 Corvette roadster
sight unseen-in Miami- and he and his wife flew to FL to drive it home. This is
a 3500 mile jaunt in a completely unknown car. Did I mention they are both
in their '70s? So far, the trip has gone through some of the worst, wettest
weather the Midwest has seen in decades.

At last post, they were in Kingman AZ, in the middle of a street rod event,
having a ball. So far, the Vette has lost its wipers, tach and has an
intermittent start problem- like Panteras, probably due to aged ignition switches
or ground trouble, But the pair are still driving, still married and this
was An Adventure!   Something lacking in most citizen's boring lives. FWIW- J
Deryke